- All riders in any ECSHA class must have current ECSHA membership. Three shows required for year end awards.
- All AQHA and VRH classes require copies of your current AQHA membership and AQHA registration papers.
- No smoking or alcoholic beverages allowed on property. Lunch concessions available.
- No cross entering Amateur Cow Work and Amateur Limited Cow Work in VRH or ECSHA classes.
- To be eligible for ECSHA Amateur Versatility Horse of the Year SADDLE, one rider/horse may enter any or all of the 7 ECSHA Amateur ranch horse classes. Declaration of Intent form must be on file for points to accumulate.
- To be eligible for ECSHA Open Versatility Horse of the Year SADDLE, horse may be entered in any or all of the 7 ECSHA Open ranch horse classes. Declaration of Intent form must be filled out for points to accumulate.
- BUCKLES awarded to each ECSHA Versatility class year end Champion! (*minimum point requirement must be met)
Horsemen's International Ministry is introducing the Cattle Drive Team Challenge Jackpot series this year. This is a team competition consisting of the popular Cattle Drive class and a trail obstacle course. An excellent opportunity to get out and show your skills or just enjoy the fellowship with friends! 50% payback from the jackpot entry fees. See the flyer for more details.
Order East Coast Stock Association logoed gear. T-shirts, long sleeved tees, and hoodies are available! Print out the order form and send it to Sunrise Printing. The email and postal address are on the form.
Ranch Hand of the Year Award Winners
2015 - Conner Puryear
2016 - Christy Kovner
2017 - Ellen Miles
2018 - John Grano
National Ranch and Stock Horse Alliance Introduced
In an effort to work together with like-minded groups across the country, six partnering organizations are make up the National Ranch and Stock Horse Alliance (NRSHA). The alliance was developed to preserve and promote ranching traditions and heritage through competitive ranch and stock horse events, highlighting the versatility of the ranch and stock horse including its innate ability to handle livestock, on a national level
The ECSHA is one of the founding member assocations of this alliance, along with the American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA), National Versatility Ranch Horse Association (NVRHA), Oklahoma Stock Horse Association (OkSHA), Stock Horse of Texas (SHTX), and Western States Versatility Ranch Horse Association (WSVRHA). With several regional ranch and stock horse associations in existence, the group felt a unified presence on a national level was important.
NRSHA has a strategic marketing alliance with AQHA. That means ECSHA will turn in major awards and earnings to AQHA so that accomplishments by registered American Quarter Horses will be placed on the horse's permanent show records with AQHA.
The six associations will continue to host competitions with their own rules and divisions, and will come together for the NRSHA National Championship Show in June 2019, held in conjunction with the Zoetis AQHA Versatility Ranch Horse World Show in Guthrie, Okla. Five events will be offered – ranch cutting, cow work, ranch trail, ranch reining and ranch riding. If you competed in three or more 2018 ECSHA or other NRSHA partner assocation shows in the all-around or individual classes, you are QUALIFIED for the National Championship Show!
Additional information on the National Ranch and Stock Horse Alliance can be found at www.ranchhorse.net.
Take a look at the NRSHA promo video.
A huge thanks to all of you who have helped make this association grow!
East Coast Stock Horse Association